Munich Airport Layovers
The Highlights and History of the Bavarian Capital
This tour gives you the complete and fully informative walking tour of Munich’s city center plus cultural and historical highlights outside the center of the city, which we reach by car. On foot, we visit the medieval roots of the town, see the grand boulevards of the 19th century kings that transformed Munich into a royal city, and touch on some aspects of the 3rd Reich period. You will see the important historical sites and buildings in the city center, as well as museums, churches, town squares and some modern elements of Munich.
With the car, we visit attractions such as the fantastic Nymphenburg Palace and the beautiful gardens. An optional inside visit is well worth it, especially the Hall of Beauties and the royal carriage museum. We will also visit the current #1 attraction in Munich, the futuristic BMW World, and see the Olympiapark, where the 1972 Summer Olympics were held. We often drive through various neighborhoods to give you a good look at how people live.
All in all, you will learn a lot about the culture and history of Munich and Bavaria. This is a five-hour tour, but, of course, can be adapted to fit your schedule.
- Learn about Munich’s history and traditions
- Highlights include the Glockenspiel, the Viktualienmarket, and the Hofbräuhaus
- We also see Nyphenburg Palace, BMW World, and the Olympiapark
- History of Munich and the Bavarian royal family on all standard tours
- Cultural aspects included. Get to know the Bavarian way of life.
- See Munich from an insider’s perspective
- Any tour is customizable to fit your interests
- We can meet you and end the tour at your hotel or designated place
- Start time is dertermined by your schedule
- Experienced, knowlegeable and friendly driver/guide
- Simple and transparent pricing with no hidden costs
- Can be tailored to particular theme or interest
- Works well for airport pick up + Welcome to Munich city tour (+ EUR 25,-)
- The prices for our private tours are group prices, i.e. one price for the entire group.
- Our listed prices are for up to 6 travelers. We are able to accomodate a 7th person for an extra fee.
- Please contact us for a price for 8 or more travelers.
- Entrance fees are extra (listed below)
- Single traveler discounts available
Tour Price: EUR 395,-
- Additional charge for 7th person: EUR 40,-
- All entrance fees and fares are optional:
- (Option) Inside visit to Nymphenburg Palace: EUR 14,- / under 18 free
- (Option) BMW Museum: € 10,- / 7,-